Well, I turned 28 last week! Old, I know. Everybody likes to feel younger than their age, but you know, in some ways I actually feel older than 28. I guess it's partly because I had to grow up a little prematurely. I was pregnant with Collin at 21 and bought my first house at 22. It's been full-steam ahead ever since. My mom says that I overload myself. I'm trying to learn when too much is really too much. I thought I was pretty much invincible under I got really burned out recently. I just really hope that I can implement it into my life and learn when to stop. I'm a go-getter and I feel like I always need to be so damn productive. Maybe that will be my goal for this year- but then again, maybe it's not a good year to decide that because I'm thinking about getting an MBA (more on that later). If nothing else, I have finally realized that there is a max to what I can handle. Whether or not I keep myself from hitting that max again is another story I guess. That's okay- life is a learning process, right?
So, Chris got some friends together for a birthday dinner for me at Friday's. We ended up having both moms coming so with the extra hands we decided to bring the boys along. Gavin did the usual... ate everything in site. He seriously ate the entire time we were there. Collin was by my side all night and ended up falling asleep in my arms after he helped me with my birthday sundae! I'm finding that as I get older, I need less. I was so content with having a little dinner with the people I care about most. Thanks, Chris for a wonderful birthday.
So, Chris got some friends together for a birthday dinner for me at Friday's. We ended up having both moms coming so with the extra hands we decided to bring the boys along. Gavin did the usual... ate everything in site. He seriously ate the entire time we were there. Collin was by my side all night and ended up falling asleep in my arms after he helped me with my birthday sundae! I'm finding that as I get older, I need less. I was so content with having a little dinner with the people I care about most. Thanks, Chris for a wonderful birthday.






3 comments:
gee...is that Chris' brother in the white shirt...lol
Happy Birthday.. yeah I'm a bit late, but thats the story of my life.. I'm glad that you could spend some time with your mom. I know she had such a good time and of course cant stop grinning whenever you ask her about how the grandkids are doing. I cant believe how fast your little family is growing up. They are so dang cute!! I cant wait to see you at Bear Lake this summer.
Love ya Marie
Wow! I didn't know you check out my blog! I feel special! See you at Bear Lake- wouldn't miss it for anything!
Post a Comment