
Well, after watching two years of campaign coverage, election day has finally arrived! I'm so excited to see what happens with the election today. Even Collin felt the energy and asked me what was going on. I told him that today is the election day, and he asked, "What is that?" I explained it to him, and he says, "Oh, you mean voting day. Why didn't you say that, Mom?" Silly me. He asked me who I was going to vote for, and then I asked him who he thinks will win. His response was so cute. He said, "I think Obama will win." Of course I asked him why and he replied, "That other guy is old like a Grandpa. He's going to die soon." So there you have it, people. The perspective of a six-year-old. It's such a simple decision to him!
No matter what the result, I'm really excited to witness such a historic election with our first African-American presidential candidate and the first female VP candidate. It's really amazing to watch. And with 78 countries looking on, it's a very important day for the nation. Old or young, black or white, may the best man win!
11/04/2008 08:32:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment