9/21/2008 10:58:00 AM

A Short Break

The past month or so has been so crazy that I made a decision last night. I decided that I wouldn't do anything all morning. Usually, even on the weekends, I pack my schedule and sometimes it ends up not even feeling like a break from the work week so I decided that all I wanted was a half a day to think about nothing, do nothing, take care of nothing... get the picture? I started this morning by sleeping in until 8:30 (that's the best I can do with two boys and my internal alarm clock trying to wake me up by 7). Then I came downstairs, got some breakfast, and sat myself in front of the television with Collin and Gavin. My trance in front of the TV kept being interrupted with thoughts like, "Maybe we should go to the park, go to the pool, go for a walk... do SOMETHING", but in the spirit of accomplishing my goal, I kept my butt plastered to the couch.
Eventually, I looked at the clock and realized it was 10:30. I was still in my pajamas and hadn't done a dang thing. On one hand, it feels nice to take this time off, but I'm just not a lazy person. I feel like I'm missing out on something by just sitting here. I shook myself out of my trance, stood up and walked outside. I saw my neighbors working in their yard, some others heading to see bike races and I got this feeling of guilt build inside of me. I mean, I guess it's good to do nothing once in a while, but I'm glad now that I don't do this everyday. Life is really chaotic, but THANK GOD IT IS. I would go nuts without it. I guess I should follow the saying, "Be careful what you wish for... it might just come true". Well, it is 11:15 now, so I guess I can consider my morning over, right? I think it's time to go take the boys outside and live again.

0 comments:

Random Did You Know Facts