3/16/2008 11:41:00 AM

Brunch with Charlie


Gavin, Collin and I went for our regular Sunday Brunch with Charlie this morning. Collin got his much anticipated paddle from him. It came after he conned a poor, unsuspecting lady to give him one. It all started last week when Chris and I played in the Paddleball Nationals Tournament. At the tournament, Charlie had bought Collin a raffle ticket where various prizes could be won. Lorrie, the Paddleball Tournament Director asked him what he would rather win: money or a paddle, and Collin said he wants the paddle. She thought that was the greatest thing! Even though he didn't win, she said that she would mail him a wood paddle after she gets back to Michigan. He has been so excited all week. He really loves playing paddleball! My favorite part was when after getting home, Collin asked me if he could have a brownie. He says, "Every good paddleball player has to eat lots of brownies". I'm already being manipulated, but it was cute. Here's a picture of him after putting his new paddle in one of my racquet cases that he has adopted as his own.

5 comments:

Moira said...

Just wanted to let you know that the birthday card arrived today for Travis. Thank you.

Moira said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moira said...

I love how you can hear me telling Shaylee what to say on our message. I told her what to say before I dialed and then she just stood there when I gave her the phone.
You know you're awesome girl and we love ya.

Cindy said...

Way to go Collin. You're a winner.

Love Grandma

Alan said...

holy cow ... already turning them out .. dont worry Justin will be a paddle/racquetball player along with Vince.

Random Did You Know Facts